CG Thermal is excited to be exhibiting at the CRU Sulphur + Sulphuric Acid 2023 Conference & Exhibition this November 6-8th!
We are looking forward to meeting new faces from the industry and connecting with familiar faces to discuss your needs and requirements and our wide range of system and equipment capabilities.
Connect with Industry Experts
“In 2023, you can expect an expanded market outlooks agenda, including expert insights from CRU’s analysis teams on major supply and demand markets, including sulphur and sulphuric acid, plus additional industry updates from key players from across the supply chain….”
The team plans to display our extensive experience in high temperature gas-to gas heat transfer and design of systems involving sulphuric acid streams. Learn about our AirBTU Variable Pitch Radial Recuperator (VPRR), which offers many benefits for harsh and corrosive process streams including:
- Avoiding cold end corrosion and fouling
- Eliminating stress failures
- Reducing pressure drops
- Maximizing thermal efficiency
- Minimizing maintenance downtime
Let’s talk about your sulphur and sulphuric acid streams at CRU!
Where to find CG Thermal
Find us at Booth 40! CRU Sulphur + Sulphuric Acid will take place from November 6-8, 2023 at the Sheraton in New Orleans, Louisiana.
AirBTU VPRR: High Temperature Energy Capture
Are you looking to improve the reliability of your high-temperature heat transfer equipment? Are you looking for technology that will allow you to reutilize waste heat at higher temperatures? If so, you need to visit us in New Orleans. By integrating our AirBTU VPRR heat transfer solution, industry professionals can avoid common pitfalls and “design in” reliability and efficiency. The AirBTU VPRR is designed to:
- Avoid cold-end corrosion. The introduction of low-temperature air can result in cold spots within a recuperator, causing condensation of some constituents of the process gas stream. The resulting reaction between this corrosive condensate and the heat exchanger surface is commonly referred to as cold-end corrosion. This destructive mechanism is “designed out” of the AirBTU VPRR, making it the ideal Heat Exchanger for Sulfuric Acid Applications.
- Eliminate stress failures. Temperature gradients across the tube bundle can lead to uneven stress concentrations at the tube-to-tube-sheet connections. These result in tubesheet failures with subsequent losses in production and costly repairs. We design in uniformity to eliminate this failure mode.
- Reduce pressure drops. Our VPRR features a proprietary design that reduces pressure drops for the best energy efficiency.
- Maximize thermal efficiency. Flow dynamics modeling is used to evaluate tube layouts and pass arrangements to create a symmetric design with optimal film coefficients and overall heat transfer rate. The resulting design requires less surface area and minimizes material and fabrication costs.
- Minimize maintenance downtime. In addition to minimizing failures caused by cold end corrosion and uneven mechanical stresses, we can “design-out” the potential for fouling.